Main Pay Scale (MPS)
Are you an experienced KS1 teacher? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? Are you excited to make a real difference to children’s lives and learning? We are looking to recruit an experienced Key Stage 1 Teacher to join our supportive staff team from February until July on a fixed term contract.
We welcome your application if you believe in unlocking the potential of our children, supporting our children through their learning and development in the early stages of their learning and development in KS1.
We are a specialist Speech and Language School with an enhanced provision which is part of the Local SEND Offer. We work alongside on-site NHS Speech Therapists and develop staff in class speech and language resources and provision to meet the needs of the children that are part of our Language Hub.
We are currently undergoing an expansion to be two-form entry across the school by September 2024. Because of this we are currently two-form entry across KS1 and in KS2 we are one and half from entry. We are located in Chelmsford city centre, a short walk to the train station and we have easy access to the A12.
We are an established school with a strong community, a dedicated team, and an inclusive ethos. We have a large school site, with extensive grounds and a local wood. This means that there are many opportunities to ensure learning is practical, dynamic, engaging and immersive.
· An outstanding practitioner with experience in KS1
· A proven impact of raising standards in KS1
· Experienced in teaching phonics, early reading and the basic skills to be excellent readers, writers and mathematicians.
· A creative teacher, dedicate to providing exciting, practical learning opportunities for children to aid memory, understanding, skills and knowledge
· Someone who has high expectations of all children to be successful
· Committed to the inclusive learning of all young people with a trauma perceptive approach to supporting pupils
· A team player, who can contribute to and work as part of a staff team
· Dedicated to lifelong learning and professional development of yourself and others
If this sounds like you then we would welcome your application. Teachers looking for flexible working are welcome to apply. Pay scale calculated on experience for the right candidate.
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, these can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01245 354517.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to a DBS check and satisfactory references and online checks, including social media.
An Occupational Health check is part of our recruitment.
Online applications only. We will not consider CVs. Applications should be completed in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please note we only recruit direct and do not use agencies.
Closing date: Wednesday 17th January 2024
Shortlisting: Wednesday 17th January 2024
Interview date: Friday 26th January 2024