We are seeking to appoint a conscientious, approachable, organised and motivated individual to lead our highly effective office team in our expanding school. Currently, the school is going through an exciting expansion project to become a two-form entry school. If you are enthused by working in a dynamic environment and are motivated by building a team, then we look forward to hearing from you.
- Pay Range: Scale 7 £27,852 – £31,099. Actual Salary range: £24,358 – £27,317
- Position Start Date: 10th January 2023
- Contract Term: Permanent
- Working pattern: Term time: 37hrs per week, plus non-pupil days and 1 week in holidays
- Application Close: Thursday 8th December by Midnight
- Date of Interviews: From Monday 12th December2022
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office environment with a proven record of working both in a team and independently (essential).
- Excellent organisational skills, working to a high level of efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality.
- A flexible, calm, friendly, approachable and professional manner.
- Excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Excellent communication skills with a sense of humour and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to establish effective relationships with parents, children, colleagues, governors and the wider school community.
- GCSE A-C/equivalent in English and Maths.
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages, SIMS, knowledge of FMS and e-payroll systems; namely CIVICA is desirable, or an aptitude to understand and operate innovative systems.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- Management of the school administration team.
- Act as Personal Assistant to the Headteacher.
- Manage and co-ordinate Personnel HR matters relating to educational employment, recruitment, contracts and pay.
- Manage all aspects of Information Governance and GDPR.
- Interface with the school communications systems such as the WordPress website, OurSchools app and Parentmail.
- Maintaining Health & Safety records and reports.
- An understanding of finance systems is of preference to support the Finance Officer.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible off site working in line with the demands of the organisation.
- Opportunity to lead a small, friendly, supportive and eager team.
- Be part of a team that continuously strive for the best outcomes for all in the community.
- Opportunity to attend networking events and external training relevant to the role.
- Training and professional learning and development.
- Flexibility around holiday working days to meet the needs of the organisation.
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS checks.
For more information and to apply, visit the Essex Schools Jobs listing.